Thursday, February 5, 2009

Obsess much?

You have to know me pretty well to know that I love looking at floor plans.  I know what I want and can't ever find it, so I have made it an obsessed goal to find the perfect floor plan for me.  Here is just a taste of what I look at for at least.....nevermind, I'm not even going to tell you how much time I spend looking at these.
It all starts when I watch my favorite movies, the "Father of the Bride's".  They are by far and away my favorite movies and I LOVE THE HOUSE.  I actually find out as much info as I can, because I love the floor plan.  So they supposedly have the floor plan at architectural designs, but it is not the right one (just trust me).  So I have done more research and found out that they actually used one house for the front and they used this house for the back yard and the hoop scenes.   
It's also the same house they used on "Guess Who" (another fav movie).  Check out this back yard!  I love the little gazebo area and the court and the porte cochere.  So I have been trying to draw out my own plans to figure out how it all works but still no luck. 
If you have any leads, set me know.  In the meantime, I'm still on the hunt.  By the way, we are not thinking about moving or any thing, although this has been the longest we have ever stayed anywhere and we are getting a little antsy, we will stay in this house until we move out of Utah.  But now that I have spent a little too much time on this stuff, it is going to be next to impossible to find something I like.....I'm doomed.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Will you design my dream house Jill?

Diana said...

I remember you telling me about this. I think that's cool not lame. Josh, you sure have good taste. The thing with me is that I never remember houses that well after watching a movie. You must have an awesome memory. If we ever build I'll for sure ask your advice.

Diana said...

Jill,
Tell me the Miralax secret? Nessa has been super plugged up & Sotutu said you told her to use some of this stuff, but I'm not sure how much to give her. She told me to look on her blog, but I couldn't find your comment. Help!! PLease!! I need it bad.

Shelli said...

I think it's cool you love to look at floor plans. I love them too, only I do it when thinking of building a home :) which I am not doing right now. I still love them though. Good luck with your search, are you looking to build?