Thursday, July 15, 2010

Money, Money, Money

I wish I had one of these growing in my backyard!

A lot of you might laugh at this, so let me back up.

When I married Mike, he sold pest control and sold it well. He now owns a part of a Pest Control company, BioGuard Pest Control, while also owning the majority of Dish One Satellite, a company he started with a partner. He is a hard worker and I knew even before we got married that I wouldn't see him very often and that we would always be blessed financially.

Well, we were shaken up a little (okay, ALOT) when we got the recent appraisal on our house back yesterday. Okay let me back up again...

I miss having family close


I want my mom close. I want to go to the grocery store with my sisters. I want my brother to be able to see his nieces and nephew. My dad and I have been on the hunt for the perfect piece of property in Kennewick for me, one of my sisters and my parents to build our houses on. Okay, now on to the appraisal...

Let's get personal. We bought our house for 420,000 in June of 2007. It seems sooooooo ridiculous....NOW. It feels me with anger.......NOW. Our house has just appraised for 290,000. AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Goodbye dreams of living with my family. Goodbye hope of a life filled with free babysitters (I already promised I wouldn't abuse you!) We are here to stay awhile.

Here is my meager attempt to be positive:
I love the ward, friends, theater, canyons, eating, Fourth of July and support that Utah has to offer.

On a side note, and since Mike hardly ever reads this blog.....he is wavering with having a baby! He feels the responsibility of Fatherhood acutely. He is an invovled father and because of that fact, another baby with a low appraisal is just too much for him to handle.....

Poor dear.

We are still going to try soon, so if you see or talk to him, a little encouragement would be appreciated. I have faith everything will turn out right. Because of this, I decided that if we have twin girls (I'm just sayin'!) their names will be

Aniston and Faith (because we need it to survive!)
(I thought this was especially appropriate because I want to use cloth diapers with the next one)

I don't think it would ever dare to be a boy, but just in case, I got my bases covered with

Cache (pronounced Cash). Have a great day!!!!

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Sorry to hear all that, sounds like your "stuck" here for awhile. I had to come to that realization too.
Remind Mike you make BEAUTIFUL babies! ;)

The Anglesey Family said...

We are in the same place! We thought we bought our house at a good time...Little did I know that the market would go down more! I thought buying a house would be a good investment....It would have been better to rent! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Diana said...

Wow, that's alot of info. I didn't know all you guys were wanting to buy property by each other. I mean, I can see why. I love your fam. if I were you I would be dying to live by them too. Man, sorry for the rough news on the apraisal. That blows! Also not to change the subject you should think about naming your boy Kash. With a "k" I mean. Just sayin', cuz I would.

Laura said...

A few things:
First, I think most people are in the same boat with their houses. But still, it stinks.
Second, I thought you would be pregnant by now. You seem...well...fertile.
And third, cloth diapers!!! Are you freaking kidding me!

Mrs. T said...

twins?? i think u have a mental illness...... :)
im about as close to fam as ur gonna get right now i think. I know the feeling-- i miss my fam too. I want my kids to know them too. its tough!!
if you get a money tree-- grab an extra one for me. :)
if anyone can rasie 6 kids (if u had twins it would be you. :) ur the best jill!!