Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Blog For Mothers

I had an "aha" moment on mothers' day.  I was a little dissapointed that nothing really special happened on mothers' day.  Sure, I got flowers and a nice card from Mike and the kids, but nothing out of the ordinary happened......darn.  Then it hit me.  What did happen?  Well, I guess we could start on Saturday when Mike cleaned all of the bathrooms, washed and vacuumed every floor surface, cleaned the whole kitchen, and was in a good mood the whole time.  "Wow, what a nice thing for him to do for mothers' day", you might be thinking.  Here's the kicker......that is what happens EVERYDAY!!  I have Mother's Day EVERYDAY!!  I usually don't pay much attention to what my cards say for special days like this but I thought I would share my card with all of you.  It was like he searched the globe for the card exactly right for us....

"Days like this remind me how much I love you.  I know that they say that things sort of even out when you're married- that you're not supposed to feel so overwhelmingly 'in love' anymore.  We've been together for a while now, and I know things aren't always perfect.  But I want you to know that there are times when it just hits me and I'm just so sure about how much I love you.. about how right we are together.  And I don't think those moments will ever stop happening.  Happy Mother's Day" 

I love the honesty, or cheesiness, take your pick.  And here is what Cason had to say about mommy.  It was a fill-in-the-blank.

My mom is 14 years old.
My mom is the prettiest when she puts her church dress on.
My mom likes to make her favorite kind of food like spaghetti!
My mom always says, "No, Taycie" and "I love you".  
My mom is funny when she makes a funny face.  

Here's the bottom line.  I love being a mom, and I love being a wife.   

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

That card IS perfect. I don't think it's cheesy at all, and I'm head of the CPF (Cheesiness Police Force).

You're so wonderful, just thought I'd throw that in there.

Mrs. T said...

Oh Mike- the best cards are from the HEART- he did a good job! :) U r one of the toughest moms I know. And u ALWAYS have a smile on ur face. I admire u!! :) Last night was fun, even hanging out in the car with you was great. Miss those simple times. Mother's day need to be a quarterly holiday- AT LEAST! :)

jayna said...

We're right there with you! No place else we'd rather be, right?! :)

Brooke and Ben said...

What a great thought. I think you are an amazing mom. What a genuine reminder of how blessed we are, and don't really notice it.