Monday, September 3, 2012

Obviously!!


I have been having a hard time lately. I'm at the end of a pregnancy, Mike has not been home a lot, and I still have 4 little tykes to take care of. In the midst of all this, I had found myself completely depleted physically, emotionally and spiritually. I said earnest prayers to plead for help. The answers came through my book group and our stake presidency.









Our book group is reading Thomas S. Monson's biography: "To The Rescue" I don't care what religion you are, this man's life will inspire you to look outwardly and to love others. I have been so humbled by his story of service to his God and to us.

Mike and I went to "17 Miracles" on Saturday night. It is the story of the Willie Handcart company. Of course it was a bawl fest for me, but most of all it was a life stopper. After the movie Mike and I didn't say anything for quites awhile. As we were heading to our car after the movie, Mike said, "We have been focusing on what kind of home we want, when we should probably be focusing on how we can help others". All I could say was, "All I know is that I have no desire to watch any other movie ever."

I have had an obvious epiphany.

I am a reader. I always have been. I used to call my fiction-reading an "escape" for me. I've realized this last couple weeks that I don't need an "escape", just inspiration. I need to fill my life with the good things. I've noticed that since reading "To the Rescue" I've had no time for reality TV, reading fiction (which by the way, I don't think is bad, let's not get confused...), or feeling sorry for my situation. Yes, my life is hard. But, things will get better and easier when I learn to love my situation for exactly what it is, hard and fulfilling. I have made a decision to fill my life with inspriation from those who would have me live my best life. Join me?

No comments: