Monday, February 8, 2010

Decisions

When Mike told me how serious he was about getting married when we were dating, a couple things went through my mind right away. 1. This man is righteous and I would be taken care of. 2. I have a missionary coming home in two weeks who I love very much. 3. I must tell Mike I want to commit to him.

Mike and I are very different in our decision making process. He has to think things through logically. When all the pieces fit together logically, he will then go to the temple and pray about a certain decision and get confirmation.

I work almost completely with the spirit and I commit to that confirmation almost immediately.

I had a situation come my way recently where this happened to me. I am overwhelmed by what that decision will mean for the rest of my life, but I know that it is right for this girl and this family and that everything will be all right no matter what happens.

Mike still is piecing together the logical puzzle.

He recently asked me how I can feel so strongly about something so quickly. I replied, "You didn't complain when I said yes to you."

He said, "No, no I didn't", and eased into one of his knowing smiles.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Jill, how I love this about you. I think it is one thing that drew me to you at the beginning of our friendship, although I didn't even really know this is how you make decisions then. You have always been an example to me of righteous living and following righteous desires. I am so grateful for you.

Mrs. T said...

Agree with Lisa-- you are always open minded and available for the spirit. :) patience, it will all work out in the end.