Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ephesus

A sidewalk mosaic. Throughout the whole trip I would ask myself, "How looooong did that take them?" Our tour guide told us that some of the full bodied sculptures were the only carving a sculptor would do in his whole career. Um.....no thank you, I'll take care of my crazy brood instead.
Potty break? Ancient bathrooms. There was a running stream underneath. I can only imagine the SMELL!
Jer and Mike in front of the library facade. Amazing!
Aweosme staium.....I don't know what else to say! They still hold events there.

And last, but surely not least, Mike paying a whopping $2 to sit on a camel they wouldn't let stand up......HILARIOUS.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Holy smokes that looks so fun! Even if the camel didn't stand up at least now you can say you've been on one.

Mrs. T said...

that stadium looks awesome!! i would to have LOVED to see it!

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

I'm so stinkin' jealous!! Love the sidewalk mosaic