Thursday, July 2, 2009

Indecisive.....who ME?!

Many of you know now about my crazy obsession.....dogs. So scratch that last blog because we aren't getting an aussiedoodle anymore.....actually, we sold Bree and made a $250 profit (I know, I'm awsome!) Okay, here's the deal. I have been doing tons of research and talking to many, many breeders. I have picked out my favorite pure bred dogs and have decided to breed them instead of breeding for mixed breeds, ie goldendoodle, labradoodle, aussiedoodle. So here are the greatest two breeds of dogs, in my opinion. Without further ado, I give you (drumroll, please)......The Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier! Never heard of it? Neither had I. Here is the rundown...non-shedding coat, medium build (17-19 in at shoulder, 30-40 lbs)
As puppies they look like this little guy above. When they are full grown they have a lighter coat color like this gorgeous girl below. You have to clip them, but only have to comb them every other day.
I am really drawn to the medium size and also love the poodle, except for the fact that I think they are ugly. Well, after much thought and research I am getting a Klein Poodle. They are in between the standard and miniature in height and weight. Here is the sire (dad) of my soon to be pup.
Yes, ugly, but I have seen some okay looking poodles, it's all in how you cut them. I definitely will not give my dog a "top notch" or pom-poms for feet. Just one length all over for me, thank you. That style of cut is good looking and easier to maintain. Also the Klein has the temperament of a standard poodle, said to be the best pet, and most trainable breed (because it is only surpassed in intelligence by the boarder collie). Our Wheaten is coming July 22nd and our Klein is coming sometime in February. Here we goooooooo!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been trying to talk Marc into getting a dog, but he won't pay any money for one. I love the Wheaton Terrier! So different!!

Malerie said...

I think you should be a show dog judge with all of that dog knowledge. Sheesh! :) Have fun with your doggie!